Rising to the Demands of Raising Capital
Latham helps clients secure committed financing for acquisitions of private and public companies in varied contexts and industries. Latham’s global team combines practice expertise and market sensitive industry knowledge to provide clients the winning edge in their deals.
Latham lawyers are conversant with the full spectrum of financing options, including:
- Bank financing
- Securities offering
- Bridge lending
- Tax equity
- Mezzanine financing
- Significant and sizeable acquisition financing, including acquisitions with a large foreign security component
- Secured and unsecured high-yield debt offering and equity offering
- Asset-based lending
- First lien/second lien and/or split lien between loans and security
A Full Service Team
Clients rely on Latham’s demonstrated expertise for issues at every stage of a private equity investment, including:
- Financing conditions, “certain funds” requirements, and commitment paper terms that offer clients a competitive advantage in an auction market
- Commitment papers as part of a competitive bidding process
- Portfolio companies’ financing needs through their entire life cycle post-closing
- Hedging transactions, credit facility refinancing and re-pricing transactions, restructurings, accordion and other add-on financings
- Bank and bond consent solicitations and bond tender offers, exchange offers and initial public offerings
- Competitive covenant packages
Private equity firms gain efficiencies from Latham’s capabilities as a "one-stop financing shop" for transactions, regardless of country, industry or jurisdiction.
Latham’s team approach means the same lawyers run the debt commitment papers, coordinate the finance-related provisions of the purchase agreement, lead both the bank and bond financings, and advises the portfolio company post-closing and through the exit transaction.