Jason H. Silvera is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins. He is a member of the firm's Corporate Department. Mr. Silvera's focus is on:
- Mergers and acquisitions for private equity firms and public and private companies in a broad range of industries, including retail, sports, entertainment and media, internet and technology, defense, logistics and manufacturing
- General company representation and corporate finance and securities matters, representing public and private companies in diverse industries
Mr. Silvera is the Chair of the Recruiting Committee. The recruiting of attorneys for Latham & Watkins is a globally-coordinated effort.
Mr. Silvera's representative matters include:
- Avery Dennison Corp. in the sale of its consumer and office product business to 3M Company
- California Pizza Kitchen in the sale of the company to Golden Gate Capital
- FTD Group, Inc. in the sale of the company to United Online Inc.
- Leonard Green & Partners in its acquisitions of J. Crew Group Inc., Jo-Ann Stores, IMS Health, Scitor Corporation, and Brickman Group
- Platinum Equity in its acquisitions of Americatel Corporation, US Robotics Corporation, and Geologic Solutions
- Weld North Education LLC in its acquisition of e2020, Inc.
- Tenaska Power Fund LP in the sale of InfrastruX Group, Inc. to Willbros Group, Inc.
- The Yucaipa Companies in the sale of TDS Logistics, Inc.
- Norwest Equity Partners in the sales of CVI Melles Griot to IDEX Corporation and Carson Industries LLC to Oldcastle Precast
- Clearlight Partners in the sale of FutureLogic Inc. to American Capital Strategies, Ltd.
- Foster Farms, Inc. in its acquisition of a chicken complex in Farmerville, Louisiana from Pilgrim’s Pride, via a bankruptcy auction
- Beckman Coulter in its acquisitions of Diagnostic Systems Laboratories Corporation and in the sale of Agencourt Personal Genomics Inc.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment in its acquisition of Grouper Networks
- Easton Sports, Inc., in the sale of the company to Riddell Bell Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Fenway Partners Inc.