Dominic Newcomb is a partner in Latham & Watkins' London office and Vice Chair of the firm’s global Finance Department.
Mr. Newcomb practices in the field of international bank finance representing both lenders and borrowers in a wide range of domestic and cross-border financing and restructuring transactions. In particular, Mr. Newcomb has extensive experience in senior, mezzanine and bridge debt finance for leveraged cross-border acquisitions with clients including:
Mr. Newcomb also has experience in insolvency and restructuring matters, representing sponsors and debtors throughout the capital structure in numerous complex transactions.
Mr. Newcomb's representative matters include advising:
- Intermediate Capital Group plc in the financing for the acquisition by Exponent of the Quorn business
- Charterhouse Capital with respect to the financing of the acquisition of the Card Factory group
- Enel S.p.A. with respect to the debt facilities arranged for its acquisition (with Acciona S.A.) of Endesa S.A., together with the financing for the acquisition of Acciona’s stake
- Nomura with respect to the financing of the acquisition by Grifols of Talecris
- BC Partners in connection with the financing of their acquisition of the Futurelab group
- The Carlyle Group and its portfolio company, Bluebrook, with respect to the restructuring of the indebtedness of the IMO Car Wash Group, one of the leading providers of conveyor car wash services