Converging Global Content with Technology
During recent years, the sports, media and entertainment industries have continued to dramatically evolve, overlapping with each other more and more and increasingly focusing on technology and complex global transactions. Reflecting this changing landscape, Latham’s sports, media and entertainment lawyers provide sophisticated counsel to industry clients — including sports teams and leagues, venues, events, marketers, broadcasters and industry associations — on the following:
- Complex new media and technology agreements
- Acquisitions, investments, dispositions, joint ventures and mergers related to international media and entertainment companies as well as sports teams and leagues
- Negotiations with and on behalf of sports teams, leagues, and international sporting events
- Multi-party real estate and finance transactions, which may involve government entities
- Content production, acquisition and distribution deals
- Television, radio and new media transactions
- Disputes, claims and government actions related to parties ranging from individual talent to multi-national companies
- Bridging traditional and new media, as well connecting emerging centers of media and entertainment influence
Latham provides clients — especially those competing within the context of the convergence culture's rapidly changing consumer demands — a combination of specific client focus and substantive industry expertise to help them achieve strategic, long-term success.
Latham’s representative clients range from major US motion picture studios and conglomerates, to international distributors of television and film content, digital media, music and live event venues, sports-related industries, as well as satellite, cable and telecommunications companies.